Leading the way for over 40 years
At Mer-Mar Electronics, PCB assembly prototype is our specialty. When it comes to a new electronic design, testing its functionality is key. This is the exact function that PCB Assembly Prototyping performs. It helps with ensuring that there is no problem with the product, assures quality and helps updating the design, if need be. This testing done before mass production, you can rest assured that there will be no costly errors to contend with at a later date. In the absence of PCB assembly prototyping, manufacturers will need to deal with rectifying errors as well as expensive product recalls.
At Mer-Mar Electronics, we have over 40 years of experience in offering high quality PCB Assembly Prototype service. Armed with state-of the-art technology, experienced professionals and industry best practices, we ensure that you get quality PCB assembly prototype and you do not have to deal with product recalls. Our PCB Assembly Prototyping service is known for its:
Turnkey services – With our strong supply chain relationships, you can count on us to offer turnkey PCB assembly services that are cost effective and efficient.
IPC compliant – Reliability is a given, with our IPC compliant PCB Assemblies.
Quick turnaround times – We understand the need to make quick iterations and go-to-market early and thus offer quick turnaround times.
Competitive Pricing – Once again our strong supply chain relationships ensure that we can offer competitive prices.
Reliable partner for PCB Assembly Prototype
Superior facility – We have state-of-the-art facilities that ensure that parts can be assembled through both manual and automated loading. In addition, our trained personnel are fully equipped with industry best practices to ensure that you do not have to reinvent the wheel.
Adherence to strict industry standards – All our assemblies are IPC Compliant. What that means is that you have complete peace of mind when it comes to their reliability.
Small quantities – We can cater to prototype quantities. You need not worry about any minimum order quantities. The added advantage also is that when you want to scale up, we can also offer large runs with the same ease.
PCB Assembly Prototype Service
PCB Assembly Testing
We offer robust PCBA testing services including:
- Functional Testing
- Flying Probe Tests
- Automated Optical Inspection
- X-Ray Inspection
- Manual Testing
PCB Assembly Prototyping Process
Our PCB Assembly Prototyping Process spans PCB Engineering services, the actual Assembly Process as well as PCBA functional testing.
The actual PCB Assembly Prototype process steps include:
Solder Paste Stenciling
This step involves application of a solder paste to the board. The use of a stencil ensures that the solder is applied to specific sections where the components need to rest. With a mechanical fixture holding the PCB and stencil in place, precision is ensured.
Pick and place
The pick and place machine place the surface mount components on to the PCB. The process having been automated ensures accuracy and consistency.
The PCB is next moved to a conveyor belt, which passes through a reflow oven that allows the solder to melt. Next it passes through a series of coolers where the melted solder solidifies in a controlled manner. This allows the components to attach to the PCB. In case of two-sided PCB Assembly it is important to undertake stenciling as well as reflow for both sides separately.
PCB Assembly Prototype Applications
PCB Prototypes find extensive application in the following scenarios:
- New products – Without PCB assembly prototyping, you will not be able to detect issues early on. Many factors go into the device’s performance and with prototyping you are able to put your finger on it, early.
- Quality and design testing – PCB Prototypes are extremely helpful for design testing. It therefore works extremely well before you invest in a larger production run.
- Complex components – If your PCB involves multiple components, you also have that much potential of failure. Prototyping helps you identify which component isn’t working correctly.
PCB Assembly Prototyping Capabilities
At Mer-Mar Electronics, we are equipped with end-to-end PCB assembly capabilities. Our general PCB Assembly capabilities include:
- RoHS as well as leaded.
- PCB components including various types of QFNs, BGAs, CSPs, POP, 01005, 0201, 08004, and press fit components in small quantities.
- Paste-in hole.
In terms of PCB assembly prototype types, you can count on us to offer:
- Full turnkey PCB assembly: Here we procure parts and bring in advantages of cost with our relationships with parts manufacturers
- Consigned PCB assembly: With a consigned PCB assembly process, you supply us with all the components. This works well if you manufacture proprietary or highly expensive products or have a large backlog of parts in your inventory.
- Partially consigned PCB assembly: Here some parts are provided by you while some are procured by us.
Our PCB Assembly Prototype services allow for both automated and manual part loading. In addition, we are equipped to handle just about any quantity when it comes to PCB Assembly Prototype. We have the expertise to offer the following Assembly Types:
- Surface Mount (SMT)
- Through-hole (THT)
- Single/Double sided
We are also equipped to offer asembly for the following PCB types:
- Rigid (FR4 and Aluminum)
- Flexible PCBs
Our other capabilities include:
- IPC-600G class 2 and IPC-6012B class 2 standards
- ISO 9001:2008 quality system management
- UL certification level 94v-0
- Ball Grid Array (BGA & µBGA), QFN, POP & lead-less chips
- SMT Sizes: 0201 or greater
BGA Pitch: 16 mil (0.4mm) or greater
Fine Pitch: 16 mil (0.4mm) or greater
- X-Ray detection system
- Automatic optical inspection (AOI)
- Online test (ICT) and functional test
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliance
- PCBA functional testing.
Essentially when it comes to speed, reliability, or advanced capabilities, we have you covered.
Inspection and Quality Control for PCB Assembly Prototype
It is important to test the board for functionality. Poor connection quality as well as lack of connection are some things that need to be checked. Some of the common inspection methods include:
- Manual checking – This works well for small quantities. However, as the number of boards to be inspected increase, this method can become impractical.
- Automatic Optical Inspection or AOI – This method works well for large batches. An AOI machine is fitted with high-powered cameras. While different solder connections reflect light differently, the AOI recognizes a low-quality solder.
- X-ray Inspection – This works well for layered PCBs as it allows so see through layers and identify any hidden issues that can otherwise pass off, unnoticed.
The PCB connections are also tested for quality. This ensures that time and effort is saved.
Through-Hole Component Insertion
Beyond the surface mount parts, the PCB may also require through-hole components. For such components the holes in the PCB plated all the way through the board are used. In such cases, soldering paste will not be of any use. Instead of the solder paste, what is required in such cases include:
- Manual Soldering: In this process at every station one component is manually soldered. Depending on the number of components, this can turn out to be a lengthy process.
- Wave Soldering: This is an automated soldering process. With the components in place, the board is put on a conveyor belt that runs through a specialized oven where a wave of molten solder washes over the board. This soldering, however, does not work for double-sided PCBs.
Inspection and Functional Testing
The final step involves testing the PCB for its functionality. Aptly known as functional testing, this important test simulates the condition in which the PCB will operate. This test throws up any issues related to voltage, current or signal output as also shows any fluctuations. In such cases, the PCB needs to undergo changes. This testing is crucial as it determines the success and failure of the PCB and therefore of the final electronic product.
PCB Assembly Prototype FAQs
Are you looking for PCB Assembly Prototyping, PCB Prototype assembly or Prototype PCB assembly services? Send us inquiry to Get a Quick PCB Assembly Prototype Quote based on your custom requirements.
If you have any queries regarding to our PCB Assembly prototype, new products prototyping, PCB assembly prototyping services or need an urgent assistance, then please don’t hesitate to contact our team of skilled personnel’s. Send us an email with your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (760) 244-6149. We are looking forward to hearing from you.